Amsterdam, Netherlands / Espoo, Finland / Stockholm, Sweden / Uppsala, Sweden
Join us to keep the digital society running.
Nixu is a cybersecurity services company on a mission to keep the digital society running. Our passion is to help organizations embrace digitalization securely. Partnering with our clients we provide practical solutions for ensuring business continuity, an easy access to digital services and data protection. We aim to provide the best workplace to our team of about 400 cybersecurity professionals with a hands-on attitude. With Nordic roots – we have offices in Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, and Romania, we serve our customers worldwide. Nixu is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange.
About the role
We are now looking for a Penetration Tester for our Engineering Team. This position can be based in Sweden, the Netherlands, or Finland. You will be joining a team of security specialists advising our clients as they rely on us to find vulnerabilities in their network setups, web and mobile applications, physical devices or cloud deployments among others. The benefit of being exposed to so many different situations is that you will be constantly building your knowledge and skill set while keeping up with the latest trends in the security field.
As a Penetration tester, your main task is to perform penetration testing against many different types of applications and networks. In addition, you will have an opportunity to work with some very security-minded colleagues and clients. Your daily work will include:
• Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in applications and networks.
• Document technical issues identified during security assessments: describe, provide reproduction and remediation steps and classify their severity according to industry standards.
• Research emerging security topics and new attack vectors.
• Ensure project deadlines are met and clients are kept up to date on meeting relevant milestones.
• Interact with customers in a collaborative, consultative manner to deliver results, provide feedback and remediation recommendations on penetration testing findings.
Are you the next Nixuan?
Excellent consultant skills are essential for long term success. Previous work experience in penetration testing or similar is important. The ideal candidate should master the English language, spoken and written, but knowledge of the local language is a plus.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
• Previous experience with penetration testing.
• Experience with hacking tools such as Burp Suite, NMAP, Nessus, Metasploit or Core Impact.
• Experience analysing code to help drive white box testing assessments.
• Experience with security standards such as OWASP’s M/ASVS.
The following elements are considered as a bonus:
• Having a developer background and being able to conduct manual code analysis reviews.
• Having some of the following security certifications:
o Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
o Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
o Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP)
o Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE)
o Penetration Tester (GPEN)
o Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
o Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
o Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
We are looking for people who embrace our ways of working – always aiming for higher quality and finding new ways to improve ourselves and our performance. You are a self-driven team player who is willing to learn new things and share your knowledge and experiences.
Your daily work will also include help developing our products to ensure the continuous quality of our products. This is a full-time position, and locations can be Sweden: Stockholm or Uppsala, the Netherlands: Amsterdam, Finland: Espoo, Turku or Jyväskylä.
Why join Nixu?
Nixu is a place where you can find meaningful work, have fun, be inspired and respected. With us, you will have the opportunity to gain experience from multiple areas of cybersecurity and business understanding of several industries. At Nixu, we believe in the culture of empowerment, and we value professionalism in all its dimensions. Our organization model supports sharing knowledge, working and learning without unit barriers. We are all different but equal. We offer you the opportunity to work in a leading cybersecurity company where you find opportunities for professional development and means to balance professional challenges with your personal life.
We are waiting for your application! Please create your profile in our recruitment system and tell us why you would be a good match with us.
Need more information?
If you have further questions, please contact Eduardo Garcia (Engineering Business Unit Lead) via email firstname.lastname [at] nixu.com