Do you want to work with best of breed cyber defense technologies?
The MSS Professional Services is a tech-savvy group of people who have common interest of building, implementing and automatizing services. Your daily work will include wide variety of technologies from log management systems to advanced host intrusion detection systems. You will be focusing on building situational awareness and network security monitoring by i.e. helping to plan the implementation of SIEM systems, defining use cases, designing of environments and tendering. As a member of this team you will participate in recognizing the preventive actions needed in order to ensure continuous service.
Do you have what it takes to be the next Nixuan?
We are now seeking suitable candidates who have four (4) or more years’ work experience as a systems administrator in Windows, Unix/Linux or mixed environment. The ideal candidate will have worked in small- to medium-sized organizations where they have been given broad responsibility for technology: including planning, installation, documentation and daily operations of a range of different systems across all IT, with hands-on experience with real problem-solving in production environments.
To be successful in this position you should be familiar with at least five (5) of the top-level items from this list:
- AD infrastructure including: overall admin/maintenance; general understanding of AD design and operations; GPOs; ADFS; DNS in AD context; DHCP
- Windows Server 2003-2016 and Windows 7-10
- Linux, experience in other OS platforms is also beneficial
- Windows scripting (Powershell, VBS, etc)
- Unix scripting (shell scripts, Python, Perl)
- SCCM; WSUS
- Virtualization platforms (VMWare, HyperV, etc.). Techniques and services deployed in virtual environments
- Network and related hardware (switch, router, VPN, firewall, etc.)
- Cloud services (Azure, AWS, O365, GSuite)
- SQL services. Preferably MS SQL, Oracle, DB2 but any enterprise-grade SQL experience is positive
- PKI and cryptographic key management
- Security infrastructure components, such as AV, IDS/IPS / HIDS/HIPS, SIEM, Log management, Whitelisting tools, EDR, DLP
Extra credit will be given if candidate has spent time securing the above items, or even performing security audits or penetration testing. We’d also like to hear about extracurricular activities related to cybersecurity, so please tell if you have taken part in CTFs, bug bounty programs, hackatons or hacker community events.
Both written and spoken communication skills are vital for success. You need to be able to form a solid understanding with the client on their needs and requirements. Plans, designs and built setups need to be solidly documented for both technical and non-technical audiences. You need both Finnish and English to be successful.
How to apply
We are waiting for your application! Please create profile, attach your CV and cover letter with salary wish. This role will be both challenging and rewarding. You can make a real difference to many people, and learn valuable new skills while doing it. If you feel that this could be your new career, take a leap and apply via our recruitment system!
What we offer?
Nixu is a place where you can find meaningful work, have fun, be inspired and respected. With us you will have the opportunity to gain experience from multiple areas of cybersecurity and business understanding of several industries.
At Nixu we believe in the culture of empowerment and we value professionalism in all of its dimensions. Our organization model supports sharing knowledge, working and learning without unit barriers. We are all different, but equal.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a leading cyber security company where you find opportunities for professional development and means to balance professional challenges with your personal life.